Saturday, August 8, 2009

Harvest of our Labor

My Poke Berry brush. I was so, I am so excited to use the berries to dye some wool. Hopefully, the birds will leave me just a wee bit! They seem so love them!
This little pink flower came up in my garden, haven't a clue what it may be! But it's beautiful, that's really the only important part.

The 3 dangerous plants. Poke berry because it's poisonous, the Cati because it hurts horribly if you get poked, and the mother plant, it's very spiritual to me, but it's very picky!


Here is our cabbage. Jerry harvested the cabbage for Lammas. It was so tasty! Also were harvested for Lammas



Our tomatoes! Everyday I go out there and yummy yummy tomatoes, small but unbelievable good!





My Passion flower is finally looking beautiful after the demise of the Japanese beetles.











2 comments:

Carrie said...

You're right that the important thing is enjoying the beauty of the flower. She is a zinnia.

Gina said...

That pink flower is a zinnia! Keep it when the flowers go to seed and replant for next year. They grow easily! :-)

PS - Tell me how the pokeberry dye turns out. I've been wanting to do that, too!