Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dyeing to Dye

I have 2 lbs of wool and I have so many ideas for so many things, if only I have as much time as ideas. I kool-aide dyed this wool. Very simple too; I boiled some water and added the wool to season the wool then added the kool- aide and let it sit in the water while I stirred. The water magically turned clear and it was done. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.







The finished product.








This is a Cati fruit. I used it to dye one of the treasures I got from my friend Jean. It was very easy to it, only thing is it can be painful if you are not in some sort of glove protection.



Here's the finished project. It was natural color with a L on it. I knew right away what I was going to do with it. My favorite word. I added a button for the O, a shell for the V and embroidered an E.
Here it is up in my guess bathroom. If you click on the picture you can see it better.

No comments: