Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Wisdom of Mother Earth

We have taken to paying attention to the Moon and to the change in the seasons. I am becoming more and more aware of myself in relationship to the earth. This is a picture of the trees by my home. It reminds me of this time of year, the autumn.
I have noticed as the moon changeds so do I, as the seasons change so do I. Each cycle brings a new energy to my beingness. To how I see others, to how I see myself. To how I am capable of doing and not doing, To what foods I crave to what foods I can't think of eating.
This time of year I want to retreat inside. I also feel the need to connect more to others, not in a do this or that, but in a deeper connection way. I feel the need to nurture myself and those that have made a difference this time of year.
This is the first year that we are following our tradition, our spiritual tradition of this time of year being the end of the year. This is our new year! I am excited about that. I am excited about the prospect that new year will bring. Yoga has become a big part of my life. I have started a home practice. I am going to take more yoga classes in the coming year and may do yoga teacher training. I am working on my business, which is exciting. I am claiming who I am. Who are you claiming to be this year?!















2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this post! We are also celebrating this new year and turning inward to our home and hearts. I am just now, at 30, beginning to realize myself as a Woman, and that is a blessing and an amazing journey.

Peace and Blessings,
Carrie

Kate said...

Tammie, this is a beautiful reminder for me that cycles are a natural part of life. That I should embrace my changing emotions as growth cycles paralleling the growth cycles of our mother. Thank you : )